Sunday, November 01, 2009

And So It Begins...

It occurs to me that I never introduced myself when I started posting to Avast and in the interest of having something to say for the entire month of November, I thought I'd be kind to myself and start off easily.

I've reached the grand old age of 31 and find myself far from home. After leaving home back in '97, I went to Queen's University, but more importantly ended up an exchange student at the University of Edinburgh for a year, which kick started my nomadic life. Since then I've lived in four cities on three continents, studying in Kingston, boring myself as a bank employee in Edinburgh, temping in Vancouver, and finally teaching English in Seoul, Korea. Right now, I answer both to Teacher and Encyclodyke (my hashing name - more on that in a later post.)

I'm far from a perfect feminist - to start with, I'm ridiculously badly read. However, it's been a big part of my life since a friend took me to a lecture by Germaine Greer in Edinburgh and then I discovered feminists online, originally on the MS. boards. I have little idea what I'm going to be posting on this month, but then, I suppose that is half the fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home